Monday, November 11, 2013

Breakthrough!



November 11, 2013

The above video was the last video I had of Bella and I "playing" prior to her total blindness.  As already noted, she obviously has just not been the same since.  I have tried numerous times over the past few weeks to get her to play and/or engage with me on this level ... and nothing.  Over and over ... nothing.  She turns her head away and eventually will stagger up from her sedentary position and move away from me.  For the record, I don't push too hard as I don't want to stress her out, but I try frequently.

Low and behold ... yesterday morning, I saw a flicker of Bella's true spirit when she actually engaged and played with me ... in the exact same manner as the above video, only not quite as intense.  Call me crazy, but I was overcome with emotion!  I played with her until she wouldn't play anymore ... a good solid 3-4 minutes ... all the while tears of joy running down my cheeks :)

What a wonderful breakthrough!

No comments:

Post a Comment